Why You Need to Stay Ahead of Mold
When you have a flood in your home mold can start to develop in as little as 24 to 48 hours. Your going to want to start to be activewith the clean up as soon as possible. SERVPRO of South Albany County is available 24 hours a day, everyday of the year.
Here are some things you can start to do before SERVPRO arrives:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
SERVPRO uses advanced equipment and techniques to remove the water quickly and properly dry out your home or business.
Let us help you stay ahead of the mold if possible but rest assure if the mold follows the water damage SERVPRO can handle it. We are here for any type of problem.