Commercial Restoration vs. Residential Restoration
The average restoration company might attempt to treat a commercial project like, “a really big house.” But here at SERVPRO of South Albany County we know that this is just NOT the case. We know that planning, communication and execution all need to be adjusted in order to provide excellent customer service and do the job right. Here, we know and understand that commercial restoration jobs differ from residential restoration jobs in three main ways: function, size and complexity. Function- A residential home has one main purpose, to accommodate a personal living space. However, a commercial structure can serve a variety of functions all in the same building. A few examples of a commercial structure are:
- Government Buildings
- Retail Stores
- And More.
The wide range of uses requires additional considerations about the occupants of the structure, the processes that go on inside the structure and if there are individuals visiting the structure. All of these considerations affect the restoration process and need to be considered when putting a drying plan together. SERVPRO of South Albany County knows what to consider and how to put together a proper drying plan for your water and/or fire damaged commercial property and its occupants.
- Size- Commercial properties can vary in size anywhere from 1,000 sq. feet to 1,000,000 sq. feet. This requires additional time for scoping out the damage, putting together an estimate and a plan for the damages occurred. Also, it requires additional equipment, labor and supplies. All things that SERVPRO of South Albany County has access to immediately.
- Complexity- Commercial restoration projects can contain a large variety of complexities. These complexities can pertain to any commercial project and affect the process from start to finish. Some examples of these complexities are:
- Multiple stakeholders- Authorizations and decisions can involve input and review by multiple individuals (ex. Property Manager, Property Owner, tenant etc.).
- Time Constraints- We know you need to get back to business as soon as possible. We are aware of and work with any time constraints you may have.
- Public Access and Security- Both public and occupant access may need to be limited or restricted. We know how to advise you, and work with both.
- And More…
These complexities can be managed, and must be considered when restoration work is being performed on a commercial property. Thankfully, SERVPRO of South Albany County is prepared for it all! There isn’t anything we’re not ready for, and will help you get your commercial property or business back up and running as soon as possible. Remember, we make it, “Like it never even happened." So if your commercial property or business experiences fire and/or water damage, give our office a call immediately at (518) 456-1111. Choose the number one restoration company that knows how to handle a commercial loss.