When Mold Strikes: Real Estate Edition
Are you looking to list a home or property soon and discovered mold? SERVPRO of South Albany County can help! Mold spores are everywhere, because they are airborne. In fact, there are an uncountable number of mold spores. An Institute of Medicine study found that excessive dampness indoors is a public health problem by encouraging the growth of molds, dust mites and other organisms. This makes sense since mold needs three things to survive:
- Food Source
Therefore, if you find mold in your home it is important to call the professionals at SERVPRO of South Albany County to remove it properly. Simply spraying bleach on the mold and scrubbing it will not work. Our technicians are certified and trained to come in and remove the moisture from the air, clean the mold off the surface with the appropriate cleaning agent and remove the mold spores from the air. Thus, preventing any future mold growth.
Prior to listing a home or property, SERVPRO of South Albany County recommends the following steps that can be taken to reduce the potential for moisture buildup or mold growth:
- Correct any water leaks and remove any standing water. This includes water under cooking coils or air handling units.
- Ensure a ventilation system is installed and working properly.
- Ensure exhaust fans are operating properly.
- Run a dehumidifier if moisture lingers.